Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Hurst by Robin Crumby




Goodreads Summary

The survivors of the Millennial Virus now face a much greater danger: each other. 

Civilization has collapsed following the outbreak of a pandemic virus that devastated the world’s population. Those that survive scrape a living in remote outposts. Hiding behind high walls, far away from the smoking ruins of the cities, waiting, hoping. 

At the end of the world, surrounded by the tidal waters of the Solent, Hurst Castle stands alone. Its seventy-four occupants united in a struggle for survival against all the odds. The Millennial Virus is the least of their concerns. 

When the arrival of outsiders threatens to tip the balance of power, Hurst is faced with a desperate choice: set aside their differences and join an alliance that promises new hope or unite against the newcomers and their plans for reconstruction. Who can be trusted? Only time will tell. 

The battle for Hurst has begun. 


My Thoughts

First let me say that I loved reading a dystopian/post-apocalyptic book that is set in somewhere other than America!  I have read several books of that genre but they have all been set in the United States.  It was just a neat new way to experience a post-apocalyptic world.

I love reading this genre; I love the survival aspect and, honestly, the virus storyline always gets me because it's not really far fetched!  Hurst was the kind of book that keeps me reading well into the night, partly because it's so good and partly because it gets my mind thinking the "this could really happen!" thoughts and I can't sleep so I just keep reading!  It was definitely an enjoyable read and I'm excited to continue the series as each one becomes available.  Five Stars for sure!

*Note: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment