Thursday, November 14, 2019

Raging Sea by Michael Buckley


23714109. sy475


Summary

In the first book of Michael Buckley’s Undertow trilogy, the Alpha arrived and the world was never the same. At the start of the second book, most of south Brooklyn is in ruins and the nation is terrified. Nearly everyone that Lyric Walker loves is either missing or presumed dead, including the mesmerizing prince Fathom. It’s up to Lyric to unite the Alpha before the second wave of a cataclysmic invasion wipes out mankind for good. The Undertow trilogy is an unforgettable reading experience that author E. Lockhart calls, "Allegorical and romantic, the book nevertheless reads like an action movie with especially awesome CGI."

My Thoughts

Once again, I am blown away!  I am loving this series!

Michael Buckley is quite the writer!  His ability to describe thigs and even feelings is absolutely amazing to me.  For example, the way he describes the town that smells like pecans.  "The smell is everywhere.  I could twirl it around on my finger and plop it in my mouth."  Such a perfect way to get the point across!

His choice of words is like poetry.  Chapter 11 starts with, "I come back into this world swinging.  I am gnashing teeth and claws on throats.  My body's lust for damage burns like a dangerous fever."  Seriously!  Poetry!

And, some of the lines that the characters say!  So hilarious!  At one place Lyric mentions the tension because Arcade and Bex aren't really speaking to her.  Arcade says " I never speak to you, Lyric Walker, because the things you say make me angry and tempt me to kill you."  I seriously laughed out loud on that one!

I want to just meet and be friends with Michael Buckley.  He has to be such a witty person!

There are so many more things that I underlined in my book but I don't want to spoil it for anyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment