Thursday, November 7, 2019

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

18692431. sy475


Summary

My disease is as rare as it is famous. It’s a form of Severe Combined Immunodeficiency, but basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in fifteen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives. New next door neighbors. I look out the window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black t-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly. I want to learn everything about him, and I do. I learn that he is funny and fierce. I learn that his eyes are Atlantic Ocean-blue and that his vice is stealing silverware. I learn that when I talk to him, my whole world opens up, and I feel myself starting to change—starting to want things. To want out of my bubble. To want everything, everything the world has to offer.

Maybe we can't predict the future, but we can predict some things.  For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Ollie.  It's almost certainly going to be a disaster.




My Thoughts

I honestly don't know how I avoided any spoilers of this book!  It's not new.  I've had it on my shelf for such a long time!  But, somehow, I just kept passing it over.  Well, I finally read it!

A few weeks ago, I decided to rearrange my bookshelves to put all of the books I haven't read all together.  I put all of the book titles in a big jar and on weekends I pull a book title from my tbr jar.  Well, I recently pulled out Everything Everything.  I wasn't exactly excited to read it because I figured it would end sad or something and I really wasn't in the mood to be sad.  But, I was determined to follow by tbr jar rules!

So, I picked the book up and started reading it.... and once again I ask, HOW DID I NOT KNOW?!  How did I not hear about the twist?

Anyways, I liked this book a lot more than I thought I would.  I'm not really sure why I didn't think I would enjoy it,but I'm so glad I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment