Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Organizing For Your Lifestyle: Adaptable Inspirations from Socks to Suitcases by Jane Stoller



Summary

Organizing is a lifestyle, but it isn’t one-size-fits-all. Incorporating organizing into your life shouldn’t, ultimately, involve changing who you are, but rather maximizing it. Knowing where your favourite socks are, and having them stored correctly, means you’ll be able to wear your favourite socks more often, and look better doing it. Similarly, packing properly for a once-in-a-lifetime trip means you’ll be able to enjoy that trip even more. Remember: being organized doesn’t mean thinking about organizing all the time. Ideally, being organized means that you don’t have to think about organizing all the time—because you do it automatically, as an organic part of your everyday routine. And you can only reach this level of organizing bliss by making sure your organizing systems and routines are perfectly adapted to your goals, personality, and needs. Again: organizing is a lifestyle, but it needs to be your lifestyle. This is the mantra of the book, even though reference's to certain things that everyone should always do, such as labelling, folding, and ironing (to name a few) are included. Emphasis is placed on the basics and then adapting them your own lifestyle and goals.


My Thoughts

Oh My Word!!! This book came at just the right time!  I had been feeling a little overwhelmed by clutter and I wanted to much to organize things better.  When asked if I would like to read and review this book I jumped at the chance!

I took my time reading and I implemented some of the different ideas and suggestions.  Obviously, not everything will work for everyone but I definitely took plenty that worked for me!  I found that it wasn't as overwhelming as I thought it was going to be.

I don't want to go into too many details because, well, you need to get the book for yourself!  But, let me say that I even changed the way I fold my bath towels!  It may not seem like a very big deal but it actually is because I have been folding my towels that same way since I was about 8 years old and my mom taught me!

If you are ready to get more organized, do some decluttering, and just feel more in control of your daily habits and lifestyle then pick up this book!  You won't be sorry!

*Note: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment