Sunday, September 20, 2015

Things I've Said To My Children by Nathan Ripperger



Goodreads Summary

As the father of five boys (all under age 10), graphic designer Nathan Ripperger has found himself saying some rather funny, absurd, and downright bizarre things to his children, from "Stop riding that penguin, we're leaving" to "I am NOT talking to you until you are wearing underwear." He created poster-like images for each and posted them online. The response from other parents was overwhelming. With Things I've Said to My Children, Ripperger has assembled around 80 of the funniest, weirdest, and most amusing sayings and paired them with full-color, designed images that bring these outrageously hysterical quotes to life. Covering the essential parenting topics like food, animals, don'ts, and of course, bodily functions, Things I've Said to My Children is a light-hearted illustrated reminder of the shared absurdity of parenthood. Especially for those parents who've ever found themselves uttering some variation of the line, "Please don't eat the goldfish crackers you've put in your butt."


My Thoughts on the Book

I seriously laughed out loud while reading this book!  And honestly, I realized that I had actually said a few of the things from the book as well!  Things I've Said To My Children is a cute book that I would definitely recommend, especially to other parents!  It makes you more aware of the things that you say, or have said, to your own children!

My children are 12 and 16 now so this book just kind of sent me down memory lane, back to all of the funny things that my kids said and did.  When I finished reading this book, I read some of the pages to my kids and then to my husband.

The illustrations make it even funnier!  Definitely a great book that I will recommend to all, especially fellow parents!

*Note:  I received a copy of this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment