Thursday, September 24, 2015

Sunshine Blogger Award!


Thank you, thank you, thank you to Sabrina from Brina's Books for nominating me!  If you haven't checked out her blog already then you definitely should!

She Asked me 11 questions and I'm going to try to answer them and then I'm going to ask 11 of my own questions to the bloggers that I nominate :)  So, here goes...

1.  If you could be one fictional character, who would it be and why?

That is such a hard question for me!  I'm sitting here looking at one of my bookshelves trying to figure it out and the one that is standing out the most is Little Women.  I remember the first time I read it I wanted to be Jo so bad!  So I guess that's my answer, I would want to be Jo.

2.  Who is your favorite music artist?

Another hard one!  I love music so much and I love so many different artists and genres.  Right now I have been listening to Needtobreathe a lot.  I love the song Brother featuring Gavin DeGraw!

3.  What is your number 1 bookish pet peeve?

I actually have several! Lol!  I think my number 1 is stickers on books!  I hate it when they put stickers on the beautiful covers of books!  Mainly stickers that leave sticky stuff on the book when you remove them!

4.  Do you collect multiple copies of books?  What are your favorite multiples?

I honestly don't think that I have very many multiples in my collection.  I do think that I have a few copies of Little Women though.  I love pretty covers so if I find a beautiful cover that I don't already have then I'm going to buy it!  Now, my daughter and I both have a copy of Fangirl because we both wanted to own it even though we live in the same house Lol!

5.  Do you have any pets? If yes, what?

I do have an english bulldog named Allie.  I have only had her for about 3 weeks.  A little over a month ago my 10 year old shih tzu, Zack, passed away.  It was the hardest thing ever!  A week after he died a friend asked me if I would like to adopt her dog, Allie, because she wasn't able to keep her.  I wasn't sure if I was ready but I took her anyways and she has become a wonderful addition to our family.

6.  How many books do you own?

I'm not completely sure because I have several books at my office as well as at home.  Here at home I think I have somewhere around 300 or so.

7.  Have you ever met any authors?  If so, who?

I have not met any authors in person but I am *email friends* with 2 authors,  Kitty Bucholtz and Debra Mullins.

8.  Why do you love reading?

I just do!! There are so many reasons I love reading but one reason is the glorious escape from reality!  You can sit down and read a book and leave your real life behind!  It's wonderful!  I also love how relaxing it can be to sit down with a good book.

9.  (How) do you decorate your bookshelf?

I don't really decorate my bookshelf too much.  I keep series together and I keep books from the same authors together.  If a book is really pretty I keep it facing out.  I also try to keep all books that I received from publishers and authors together as well.

10.  Where is your favorite place to buy books?

Where I live there aren't many actual bookstores nearby.  The closest is probably Books a Million which is an hour away.  I do love Books a Million but I have to say that I adore Barnes and Noble!  I don't get to go there very often because the closest one is about 2 hours away but when I do it is amazing!

11.  What is one example of a time where you liked the movie better than the book?

I don't know if I ever have!  There are some movies that I really liked but I'm not sure if I liked them more than the book.

Now for my question!!!

1.  Do you like to read classics? If so, what is your favorite?
2.  What is your favorite snack to eat while reading?
3.  What is your favorite book that you've read in 2015?
4.  Do you watch booktube?  If so, who is your favorite booktuber?
5.  What are you currently reading?
6.  Do you prefer hardbacks, paperbacks, or ebooks?
7.  If you could go to a bookstore right now and buy 5 books, what books would you buy?
8.  What is the first book you remember reading as a child?
9.  What is the last book that you finished?
10.  Be honest, do you ever judge a book by its cover?
11.  What is your favorite book cover?

I am going to tag these wonderful bloggers!


Stella from JellybeanArson

and 

Natali from BookCupid

And anyone else who may want to do this!  Sorry if you've already been tagged!  Have fun!

1 comment: