Wednesday, January 23, 2019

The Refugee (Valiant Book 1) by Tony D. Jones




Summary

Val is an ordinary boy in an ordinary city, until one day he wakes up shocked to find that suddenly neither of those things is true. He finds himself stranded in a fantastical world of magic and mystery, struggling to cope as he is blindsided by one unexpected revelation after another. He was struck by lightning? He’s in a parallel dimension? His new friends aren’t human? He’s not human either? Each discovery is somehow more bizarre than the last, and every answer only yields more questions. 

As Val is struggling to get a grip on his new situation, a disastrous encounter flips his already shaky reality completely upside down. A critical mistake turns him into a fugitive, hurling him into an extraordinary adventure fraught with grave peril, mortal terror, and heart-pounding excitement. Accompanied by an increasingly unusual band of reliable friends and unexpected allies, Val must run (and fight) for his life as he comes to terms with this new world and his place in it.



My Thoughts

When I received the review request for this book I was definitely interested!  I was super happy when it arrived.  Then, when it was finally time to read it, I picked it up and started.  I just couldn't seem to get into it!  I don't know if I just wasn't in the mood for a fantasy type book or what the problem was.

So, I put it back on the shelf and went on to the next on my list.  I picked it up a few more times off and on but kept having the same issue.

Now, here it is quite a bit later, I picked it up again and started it all over.  I don't know what was wrong with me before because this time I quite enjoyed it!  Shame on me for waiting so long!

I'm not trying to claim that the book is perfect with no flaws or issues at all, because that rarely exists.  However, it was a pretty good book and I wish I had read it sooner!

*Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment