Monday, July 25, 2016

Genius Biographies by Ankesh Kothari



Goodreads Summary

"Inspiring and instructive, Genius Biographies is a different little book for anyone interested in knowing the motivations of the rich and the famous. Part historical, part self-help, it peels away the layers to show us how geniuses succeed. 

With forty eclectic, undiscovered and to-the-point stories from the lives of the geniuses, the author Ankesh Kothari distills the experiences in clear-cut Action Summaries that you can apply for growth in life and business. 

Genius Biographies helps readers to find out how Abe Lincoln beat more popular candidates to win elections, or the reason why Paris Hilton is famous, or the investing lessons that Warren Buffett learned at the racetracks. 



My Thoughts

I loved this book!  I was so pleasantly surprised by how much I loved it!  Naturally, there were some "Geniuses" that I didn't really care to read about, but for the most part I enjoyed it immensely! 

All last week I had been doing the BookTube-A-Thon reading challenges.  I chose to read Genius Biographies to be my "seventh book" required in order to complete all of the challenges.  I figured it would just be a fairly quick read so it would work good for a read-a-thon.  Well, I was right...but it turned out to be one of my favorite reads during BookTube-A-Thon!

It worked out great in that I could read a few stories in between each long book I read.  I liked it so much I ended up reading several of the stories aloud to my son and then a few to my husband as well.  I am so glad that the author contacted me and asked me to read and review this book!  It was definitely my pleasure!

*Note: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment