Thursday, May 21, 2015

Little Miss Lovesick Book Review

Little Miss Lovesick by Kitty Bucholtz





Summary from Goodreads

Sydney Riley hears voices in her head...

Voices that keep her sane and voices that drive her crazy. The one thing they all agree on - forget Dirk the Jerk and move on.

So Sydney lets her friends drag her into the wilds of Northern Michigan where Little Miss Lovesick, the loudest voice in Sydney’s head, runs into - literally - the perfect man. Is hot fishing guide Matt Engel the man to vanquish heartbreak?

With the vacation flirtation behind her, Sydney is ready to start again. Soon after, however, a difficult - and must keep - client demands Sydney work with his new contractor. Yes, one and the same Matt Engel, hotter than ever and right here in town.

But when Matt’s past comes between them, Sydney wonders how to prevent another broken heart. As the rest of her life spirals out of control, she learns that sometimes a plan isn’t enough without friends to share the load.

Maybe together they can even help Little Miss Lovesick find what she’s been fishing for.


My thoughts on the book

     Where do I begin?! I really enjoyed this book!  There were moments when I literally laughed out loud and my cheeks hurt from smiling.  I will definitely be recommending this book to my fellow book lovers!

     I loved all of the detailed descriptions.  Kitty Bucholtz definitely knows how to explain things to where my imagination was able to paint the pictures perfectly in my mind!  There was a part of the story where it was raining outside and Sydney was wet and cold.  I found myself so wrapped up in the story that I realized that I was feeling chilly and was actually a bit surprised when I looked out the window and the sun was shining with no rain in sight!

     The characters seemed real and they were fun to read about.  When reading a book, I always try to picture the characters in my head and these were easy to picture.  I found myself wishing that they were real people that I could meet!  Maybe not GT quite as much as the others though!!! There were times when I did find myself getting frustrated, but in a good way.  Anxious to see how it was going to end but not wanting it to end too soon either!

  All in all, I really liked this book and can't wait to read another Kitty Bucholtz book!  I actually got this one on my kindle but now that I know that I like the style of this author I'll be wanting to have these books on my ever growing bookshelf!


Some of my favorite Little Miss Lovesick quotes

"Turns out Mom was right about the milk and the cow."

"Love is the most wonderful thing in the world.  You just need to find true love."

"If a butterfly flaps its wings in your stomach, will there be a storm?"

"I put my Godiva chocolate raspberry truffle ice cream in the freezer and pulled out a Healthy Choice frozen dinner.  Don't Laugh."

"My whole life is a series of the worst movie scenes ever."

"That should be a new Crayola color.  I'd definitely start coloring again."

3 comments:

  1. Carrie, you are such a DELIGHTFUL reviewer! Not only do I LOVE what you wrote about my book here, but I read several of your other reviews and just love the way you write! Would you like to do a monthly guest post on my blog? I think my readers would just love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word! I would love that!! That's awesome! Thank you so much for reading and commenting!

      Delete
    2. Great! Email me at kitty AT kittybucholtz DOT com so I have your email address. Think about what day of the month would be easiest for you to write a review. We'll talk details by email. Yay! This will be fun! :-D

      Delete