Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Today's Book Highlights!





Today I'm going to post a little book highlight.  I have been getting so many books to review and I'm getting quite behind!  I went through all of the books on my review tbr list and made some hard choices.  I decided to do a highlight post for some of the books instead of doing a review.  See, sometimes I receive books that aren't exactly ones that I would have chosen for myself.  And, in the past, I have even accepted books for review that I wouldn't typically choose because I just didn't want to say no.  The problem with that is that if I read the book and didn't enjoy it, simply because it wasn't my kind of book, I would not post the best review.  That is unfair to the author.  So, I have decided that I am going to be a lot more picky with the books I accept and with the books I already have I will choose which ones to read and review and which ones to post a highlight about.

So..... Time for today's highlights!

Rising Tide by Lynn Steigleder

Summary

Rising Tide depicts a world in which land is at a premium due to the advancing sea, where man’s attempt to adapt has led to a decay of morals into survival of the fittest. In the midst of the ocean, a crew of racketeers rescues a stranded diver, Ben Adams. Is the rescue just a fortunate coincidence for Ben, or has he been led to this rendezvous with fate for a common goal? A mysterious island inhabited by a primitive yet advanced race of people. A devious ship captain’s metamorphosis into the essence of evil and a ship’s container discovered by itself in a billion square miles of ocean all play a role in this tale of rebirth for a world corrupted by the collapse of morality.

Mission From Venus by Susan Plunket

Summary

The dark side has infiltrated many governments and much of the world of finance. The mission from Venus threatens their planned takeover of Earth. Failing a takeover, the dark lords will cause the planet's destruction through nuclear war, to prevent Earth from ascending to the fourth dimension on the path of light. The volunteer wanderers are all that stand in the way.

Why Didn't I Notice Her Before by Beth Cramer

Summary

In the fall of 2017, Beth Cramer went to a doctor for heartburn and came home with seven samples of Prilosec and stage 4 ovarian cancer. Over the next several months Cramer was in and out of hospitals and doctors’ offices with her three fearless sisters, parents, husband and son by her side. However, it was through her diagnosis and impending death that she was finally set free from an obsession and debilitating regret that had defined nearly a quarter of her life. Who would have thought that the journey towards purpose and peace would be achieved through the teachings of cancer?

Irreverent, painfully honest and often hilarious, Why Didn’t I Notice Her Before? Is a beautifully observed memoir that finds courage and humor in the face of undefeatable odds. It questions the importance of regret and life choices, and it explores motherhood, marriage, friendship, and family while examining the elusive questions we all grapple with. Why me? What am I living for? And who can I negotiate with to make my life and legacy more meaningful than driving a carpool?

No comments:

Post a Comment