Thursday, March 28, 2019

Big Red by Damien Larkin

42846453


Summary

We have always been here...


Suffering the side effects of Compression travel, soldier Darren Loughlin wakes up screaming from a gunshot wound that isn’t there. Despite a fractured memory, he is forced to recount his year-long tour of duty on Mars to uncover the mysterious fate of Earth’s off-world colonies and the whereabouts of his shattered battalion.
With time running out, Darren recalls his tour of duty with the Mars Occupation Force in New Berlin colony, their brutal MARSCORP masters, and the vicious war against the hostile alien natives.
But as he exposes the truth, Darren suspects he is at the centre of a plot spanning forty years. He has one last mission to carry out. And his alien enemy may be more human than he is…


My Thoughts

First let me say that military sci-fi isn't really my genre so I was a bit apprehensive when I picked this book up.  It's hard to read a book that isn't really your style.  I always want to be fair when reviewing someone's hard work!

With all that being said, even though this wasn't "my kind of book" I actually enjoyed it!  Were there some things I didn't love?  Sure, but over all it was a pretty enjoyable book!

Now, I know that I just used a lot of exclamation points.  But the thing is, I'm a bit surprised that I liked this book! Haha!

If you like military sci-fi books you should definitely pick this one up.  If you don't typically like military sci-fi books, you might like this one anyways!  You might just be surprised like me!

*Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an hones review.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your honest review. I'm glad you enjoyed reading Big Red!

    ReplyDelete