Sunday, November 25, 2018

The Legend of Sassafras House by Anita Stafford




Summary

Twelve-year-old Kale Flores knows life is not fair. He needs a friend, but more than that, he needs money. When he learns there could be a fortune hidden in the Sassafras house, he thinks his luck may have changed. Never mind the house is supposed to be haunted. When Jasmine Palmer revealed the legend of Sassafras house to Kale, she never thought it could lead to so much trouble. She says it's a place someone could go into and never come out. Is she right? The only thing Kale is sure of is that his problems will be solved if he finds the money. He doesn't know the deserted house holds secrets from the past, secrets that are waiting to tangle him in a dangerous web.


My Thoughts

When I picked this book up I somehow forgot that it was a children's/middle grade book.  I thought it was something different (I guess that's what happens when you read a million books a month).  Anyways, it took me a few minutes to realize that it was, well, what it is.

After the initial confusion was cleared up, I started having more fun reading this.  It's a very cute, fun little read.  Young readers will definitely find this to be an entertaining book.  I know I did!  While it could be a bit predictable at times, for me anyways, it probably won't be that way for younger readers.  Get a copy for yourself or a young reader in your life!

*Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment