Monday, July 9, 2018

The Isian Series by Serena Clarke




Summary

The Treasure of Isian:

Prince Garin is a brave, proud, adventure-seeking prince. Elani is his most trusted servant and she would do anything for him, even die for him.
Their quest to find the mystical Treasure of Isian is immediately interrupted and they find themselves confronted by angry giants, soul-stealing elves, bewitched dragons, a vengeful water-witch, battling foes, and a mysterious kingdom.
Elani must face her greatest fears to save her prince and her kingdom. Garin must decide what the most important things are in his life. 
Will they be able to make a great sacrifice to save the kingdom? And will Elani find true love?

Become lost in the adventure, love, loyalty, and mystery of The Treasure of Isian!


The Alliance of Isian:

War is coming and all the kingdoms must choose a side. Isian decides to make an alliance with their long time enemies in order to defeat a common enemy. So Isian sends a proposal, offering their daughter to the prince, in order to ensure an alliance. 
Princess Gabrielle and her new husband, Prince Alec must learn to work together and trust each other in order to triumph in the approaching war. 
With a mysterious beast attacking the kingdom, their lives in danger, and overcoming their vast cultural differences, will love grow despite their trials or tear them apart?

Enjoy the fantasy, danger, mystery, and romance!


The Secret of Isian:

Many prophecies have been uttered about the impending war and those who will seek to stop it. With the war finally upon them, Rimelda, a talented seer, has heard the prophecies and believes she can help. Prince Ander, doubtful of her abilities and her true intensions, but determined to save his kingdom accepts her help and they proceed on a quest to end the war.
Hindered by enemies as well as their own doubts, Ander and Rimelda must search for guidance in unlikely places and unravel the mysteries of the prophecies.
With the world shrouded in darkness, will Ander accept his destiny in time to save the kingdoms and will he admit his true feelings for Rimelda?



My Thoughts

I was going to do separate reviews for each book but decided that it would work just as well to do them all at once.  First of all, I love that I received these in audiobook format!  There are so many times that I am driving, doing the dishes, cleaning the house, or just anything that makes me unable to actually read a book.  It works out great to be able to hit play on the audiobook and keep doing whatever I need to do.

I gave The Treasure of Isian and The Alliance of Isian three stars.  They were good but not amazing.  I enjoyed them.  They kept my interest for the most part.  I wish I liked them more than I did, but they were just simply ok to me.

However, I enjoyed The Secret of Isian much more!  It was more exciting, it had a better relationship story, and it kept me interested.  I wish the other two had been more like this one.

Not to say that the others were bad, it just shows how the author has grown!  I definitely recommend reading all three!  I don't think you'll regret it at all!

*Note: I received copies of these books in exchange for honest reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment