Sunday, June 19, 2016

Delbert the Reluctant Spy by Marko Kitti



Goodreads Summary

Ten-year-old Delbert’s world is grey and glum since his grandfather died. Everything is a dull routine, and all Delbert wants to do is stay in his room. What’s more, he has to cope with an annoying next-door neighbour, Evie, who has committed her life to being in love with him.

But Delbert’s whole life is about to change when he is forced into a SUPER SECRET SPY MISSION to find a missing cat called Pandora. What seems like a straightforward job suddenly escalates into the stuff of real spy stories.

Bursting with humor and thrilling surprises, this fast-paced, action-packed story takes Delbert and Evie on a wild ride with an UTTERLY SHOCKING SECRET at the end…



My Thoughts

This book was hilarious!  We were all in the car (me, my husband, my daughter, my son, and his friend) and I was reading Delbert.  I was laughing so hard that I had to read parts of the book out loud for everyone to hear!  I definitely enjoyed this book and it made our 2 hour drive fly by!

I was certainly ready to read a cute little book that was filled with pure entertainment and that is exactly what Delbert the Reluctant Spy is!  Honestly,  I adored it!

The end made me so happy!  It was totally unexpected!  Really people, you need to read this book!  It is technically a children's book but it is really for all ages.  Or maybe I'm just a kid at heart!  I loved it!

*Note: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment