Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings



Summary From Goodreads

An action-packed, blood-soaked, futuristic debut thriller set in a world where the murder rate is higher than the birthrate.  For fans of Moira Young's Dust Land series, La Femme Nikita, and the movie Hanna.

Meadow Woodson, a fifteen-year-old girl who has been trained by her father to fight, kill, and to survive in any situation, lives with her family on a houseboat in Florida.  The state is controlled by The Murder Complex, an organization that tracks the population with precision.

The plot starts to thicken when Meadow meets Zephyr James, who is - although he doesn't know it - one of the MC's programmed assassins.  Is their meeting a coincidence?  Destiny?  Or part of a terrifying strategy?  And will Zephyr keep Meadow from discovering the haunting truth about her family?

Action-packed, blood-soaked, and chilling, this is a dark and compelling debut novel by Lindsay Cummings.


My Thoughts on the Book

Ok, I finished this book earlier this month but I needed a little time to really figure out what I thought of it.  I have come to the conclusion that I do like it.  I wasn't sure if I loved it as much as I loved The Hunger Games or Divergent but I the more I think back on it the more I really like it!

If you want to read something with a lot of blood and gore...this is the book for you!  It's a YA Dystopian book but it is really mature in the blood and gore category.  I have heard a lot of opinions on this book, both good and bad, but I enjoyed it enough to finish it in just a few days even with a packed schedule.

The Murder Complex is written in dual POV's. Meadow and Zephyr, which I sometimes enjoy and sometimes can do without.  I think I would have preferred just reading from Meadows POV but I'm not sure because there were times that it seemed important to hear from Zephyr's POV.  There were several plot twists, some that I kind of expected and some that were total surprises!  The end of the book was definitely left wide open making you crave the second book so that you can find out what happens next.

I will definitely be reading the next book, The Death Code, (I actually already purchased it) and I recommend The Murder Complex to anyone who enjoys YA Dystopian books (and plenty of blood and gore).  Well done, Lindsay Cummings, well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment