Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A Letter to My Mom by Lisa Erspamer



Summary from Goodreads

Just in time for Mother's Day, the next book in the A Letter to My series (after A Letter to My Dog and A Letter to My Cat) takes on mothers, with celebrities and civilians writing letters of gratitude and admiration to the women who raised them, alongside gorgeous, intimate photos.

My thoughts on the book

This is the first Non Fiction book that I have reviewed.  It was a very sweet and touching book.  This isn't one that I would normally pick out for myself so I am glad to have received it!

I love that the contributors for this book are all different ages; some famous and some not.  My favorite letter was actually by will.i.am.  It was so sweet and worded perfectly that I wanted to copy it and send it to my mom!  I could have gone through this book with a highlighter and marked everything I have ever wanted to tell my mom.  As a matter of fact, this would be a great gift for the mother in your life.

At the end of the book there are short bios of each person that contributed to this book.  By reading their letters and their bios you feel as though you are getting a personal glimpse into each individual.  I will certainly recommend this book to my fellow book lovers.

Some of my favorite A Letter to My Mom quotes

"Thank you, Mom, for not treating me differently-it has made me tough, independent, and ultimately happy.  -Jennifer L. Arnold"

"You're so sweet to me because you hug me and kiss my scrapes.  -Liam Cole"

"Above all else you have taught me that being a mother is a commitment, and once you are a mother, you are a mother for the rest of your days.  -Christy Turlington Burns"

"I want to go to the ends of the earth and tell the world how amazing you are... -will.i.am"

*Note: I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment